About Me

My photo
Chicago, Illinois, United States
just picking up where i left off years ago. read along, and you'll find out :D

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

grown...

me went, me saw, me likey!
-
this whole week spending time in kuching made me realize a few things. most of them of how much i've changed and how much things have not changed at all back here in sarawak. social-wise, that is.
-
is it a good thing to grow up too fast? earlier than u're supposed to be, sooner than expected?
-
i came back from selangor and straightaway joined in with the teenage youths from church for the weeklong YC (Youth Convention) held in Kuching this year. it's my 4th YC and i guess it was a wrong choice to go for it this year due to personal reasons sigh.
-
what i couldn't help but notice was that i couldn't mix with the the youths anymore - striking conversations that don't last long and just taking things at a hi-bye level. dammit, it's saddening.
-
i realized that it's because i personally think that the kind of stuff they like talking about and the kind of jokes they like cracking around are stale and lame. but thinking so told me that what if i was the one who grew up too fast during my time in selangor thus, made me... no longer interested in these kind of things. and no, it's not that i look down on them or anything bad like that. thing is, i'm just not interested, period.
-
so i stayed quiet and kept to myself during the whole trip.
-
personally, i dont think it's a wrong thing to grow up. we all do, one way or another and it's only natural to want to progress in maturity. but why this feeling of forlorn? maybe it's cause i kinda also miss the laughs we once had when i was still around before college started.
-
but i know tho, that if i want to stick around with the Youths, i have to learn how to re-adjust. to head back to knowing how stuff works around here back in miri, back in church here. it might be hard to lower down my expectations and practice massive amounts of humbleness to attend to the Youths but hey...
-
i'll do it :]

3 comments:

Vivien said...

Momo..everyone's growing up inlcuding you dear. AND in different surrounding and situation and we are all creatures of adaptation.

Coming to me with your sincere desire to help in the music ministry spends tons to me..YOU ARE WILLING TO SERVE, TO CONTRIBUTE to the ministry. and I believe you will do a good job at it too.

Hey, the King of Kings left his heavenly throne and live among the peasants shepherds tax collecters etc etc.. we are also to emulate that hehe.. what i meant was the humility and serving part..

Your presence meant something to me though. Thanks for coming along. I believe Markie appreciates you for that too.

God bless Moses tremendously and i believe He will bless you too. =)

moseslaw said...

thanks Aunt Viv! hearing this from u really means a lot. wad to do, my 2nd mom mah, u haha! but yeah, still have to learn humility and humbleness along the way. and imma do my best in guiding the team in God's ministry hey!

Unknown said...

bah... moses only needs time to adjust.. u r a man that can accept changes.. Speaking as ur roomate. You can do it mo. God Bless you n may God humble ur heart =)